FAQs on Business Analyst
1. Who is a Business Analyst (BA)?
According IIBA (Internation Institute of Business Analyst), Business Analyst is anyone who is going to identify the business needs, identify the requirements, validate the requirement and coordinate with the technical team
2. Who is eligible to take the BA Training?
Anyone who defines and manages requirements through the development cycle, elicits information from stakeholders to define requirements, solves business problems, defines business problems or analyzes business processes. Business analysts, project managers, operations managers, systems analysts, quality assurance analysts or marketing associates can all benefit from this program.
3. Is this training aimed at acquiring certification?
No, this training is purely practical base though knowledge acquired from this training will guarantee a pass for any BA certification exam.
4. Is there a final exam for this BA Training?
No, mini projects will be given at the end of each session so delegates can have hands-on experience on documentation and the use of diagraming tools like IBM Rational Rose or Microsoftt Visio.
5. Is there a BA equivalent to the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide)?
Yes. The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) has developed A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®), which represents the unique knowledge necessary in order to become a successful Business Analyst.
6. How is the BABOK structured?
The BABOK describes Business Analysis areas of knowledge, their associated activities and tasks and the skills necessary to be effective in their execution. It is composed of six knowledge areas (KAs) plus underlying fundamentals.
The KAs are as follows:
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Planning & Management
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements Analysis & Documentation
- Requirements Communication
- Solution Assessment and Validation
The underlying fundamentals include:
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Business Knowledge
- Information Technology Knowledge
7. Is there a BA equivalent to the PMP®?
Yes. To be eligible for IIBA Certification, the candidate must meet specific experience requirements, submit professional references and agree to adhere to the IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) Code of Conduct and Ethics. Additionally, the candidate must pass a comprehensive final examination based on the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge which is designed to objectively assess and measure Business Analysis knowledge. Once these requirements are met with IIBA, an individual will become a Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP®).
8. How do I qualify for the IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) designation?
Each candidate must meet the following requirements to be eligible to take the CBAP exam:
- Five years (7,500 hours) of business analysis work experience in the last ten years
- The experience must be related to the knowledge areas as defined in the BA Body of Knowledge
- Experience in four out of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum of a high school education
- Two references
- 21 hours of professional development in the last four years and the content must be directly related to business analysis or the underlying fundamentals
9. Whats the cost and duration for the BA training with PMtutor?
Kindly click PMtutor BA here for full details on scope, cost, duration and benefits of our training.
10. Will I get a certificate at the end of the program?
Yes, every participants that completes their mini project would be issued a Certificate of Participation with the corresponding Professional Development Units.
More on PMtutor Menu
- Faculties, Testimonies and Pictures of Events. Click PMtutor HERE
- PMP & CAPM Certification Training, Click PMP and CAPM HERE
- PRINCE2 Certification Training, Click PRINCE2 HERE
- SAP Project Systems Training, Click SAP HERE
- Lean Six Sigma Certification & Minitab Training, Click Six Sigma HERE
- Business Analyst & MS Visio Practical Training, Click Business Analyst HERE
- Primavera P6 Practical Training, Click Primavera P6 HERE
- Microsoft Project 2013 Practical Training, Click MSP 2013 HERE
- Online Training for PMI courses, Click Online PMI HERE
- Cloud Computing, Click Cloud HERE
- Discounts and Scholarships, Click Discounts and Scholarships HERE