FAQs on PRINCE2
1. What will a PRINCE2 qualification do for me?
The PRINCE2 project management methodology is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. It covers the management, control and organisation of a project.
A qualification in PRINCE2 will not only boost your skills and confidence when managing projects but will greatly improve your employment prospects. Many organisations, both private and public, mandate the use of PRINCE2 and therefore require their staff to be competent and qualified to practice the method.
2. What is the origin of the name PRINCE?
PRINCE is an acronym derived from Projects IN Controlled Environments.
3. What is PRINCE2?
It is a method for managing projects, there is no Hardware or Software (apart from supporting tools) just a best practice approach to running Projects in a consistent and reference-able framework.
PRINCE2 is flexible, adaptable and as much as a Project method can be, friendly.
PRINCE2 may be similar to what you currently use, but what it does best is pull together common names and descriptions into a structure that anyone familiar with PRINCE2 can understand, regardless of background and Industry.
4. What are the PRINCE2 qualifications and what will they teach me?
There are two PRINCE2 qualification levels: PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner.
A PRINCE2 Foundation qualification will teach you the PRINCE2 principles, terminology and when qualified you will be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
A PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification is the highest level of PRINCE2 qualification and will teach you to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. Once qualified you will be able to apply and tune PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario. You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the relationships between the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products and will understand these elements.
5. Why do I need a PRINCE2 qualification?
The majority of people that consider PRINCE2 as a qualification do so for career and personal development reasons. Often this is driven by a change of job or career, where you notice that to get to the top of the CV pile, you need to have an extra qualification like PRINCE2 (even if you have been managing Projects successfully for many years without it). In many advertised positions PRINCE2 has become a prerequisite, particularly in Public Sector jobs.
The majority of companies that implement PRINCE2 also encourage their employees to take the exams. If your staff have accredited PRINCE2 qualifications, then you can present your company as using PRINCE2. This works particularly well where you tender for or supply to any Public Sector companies, such as Police, NHS, local and central government.
6. Where can I sit the exams and how much are they?
We will help you organize the exam @ the British Council in Abuja, Lagos or Port Harcourt
It takes 4 weeks for the exam to be scheduled.
Foundation = £220 including VAT
Practitioner = £410 including VAT
Both = £630 including VAT
7. Do I get my name on a list to prove I have done the exams?
The APMG run an online register to show candidates that have passed Foundation and/or Practitioner. This can be found at www.prince2.org.uk
As an employer you can also check the validity of peoples PRINCE2 certification, prior to contract or employment.
8. Are there any prerequisites before taking the course?
No, but general Project Management training is ideal.
You can click PMtutor PRINCE2 HERE for more details on our training options.
9. I want to go straight to Practitioner training!
Unfortunately, you need to be successful at the Foundation Level before moving to Practitioner.
10. What is the exam format like?
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
- 5 of the 70 questions will be select style
- 5 of the 70 questions will be negative style
- 5 of the 70 questions will be missing word style
- The remaining 60 questions (including trial questions) will be standard style
- All sequencing questions have been removed from the paper and are not used in the PRINCE2 Foundation papers
- 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question – all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
- 2.5 hours allowed (no reading time has been added)
- Open-book examination (only the official PRINCE2 Manual is allowed).
- Pass mark is 55%.
IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS, YOU CAN CONTACT DIPO HERE
More on PMtutor Menu
- Faculties, Testimonies and Pictures of Events. Click PMtutor HERE
- PMP & CAPM Certification Training, Click PMP and CAPM HERE
- PRINCE2 Certification Training, Click PRINCE2 HERE
- SAP Project Systems Training, Click SAP HERE
- Lean Six Sigma Certification & Minitab Training, Click Six Sigma HERE
- Business Analyst & MS Visio Practical Training, Click Business Analyst HERE
- Primavera P6 Practical Training, Click Primavera P6 HERE
- Microsoft Project 2013 Practical Training, Click MSP 2013 HERE
- Online Training for PMI courses, Click Online PMI HERE
- Cloud Computing, Click Cloud HERE
- Discounts and Scholarships, Click Discounts and Scholarships HERE